Thursday, April 3, 2008

i've been a bit fabric-ish lately

Nitting Ninja hasn't really been knitting a whole lot since moving to Florida. It's hard to get motivated enough to invest so much time into knitting something the weather won't allow me to wear. Just looking at my yarn stash makes me want to turn up the A/C, so I looked to my other stash...fabric!
I've really kicked up my sewing skills a notch or two. I went from pathetic attempt to novice! woohoo! In the past month, I've made a cute top for myself, baby stuff, and get this... a quilt! Who new?

Here is what my sewing frenzy whipped up:

The old trusty boy-beater tank in super awesome $1/yard fabric:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

some baby gear for a swap (bib, booties, hat and hooded blankie):
PhotobucketPhotobucket

and this tink quilt!
Photobucket
in progress:
Photobucket
close up:
Photobucket
matching pillow (front and back pics)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Now if only I could sew as fast as I accumulate fabric.

2 comments:

Stephanie VB said...

Oh that's fabulous! If you want, you can move up to BC -- we have tons of cold weather still! XD

I love the quilt! <33

Kitschkween said...

nah. i like the warm. :)

Need a Website?